The materials used in the construction of refrigeration equipment, air conditioning and heat pumps are standard engineering materials, but there are several interesting places:
Specific instructions on the materials and their use may be different reference materials.
- Compressor bodies, as a rule, are made of cast iron, although some of them are made of mild steel. Sealed types of steel shells.
- Compressor pistons made of cast iron or aluminium, not later, after the automotive practice.
- The pipeline for a small chladone, the facilities, as a rule, copper, purity and simplicity of production and the division.
- Some of stainless steel pipes are used, mainly because of its purity, although it is more difficult to join.
- Most of the other pipes are made of mild steel. For working temperatures below -45C, only low-carbon steels with higher groove forces are used.
- Aluminium tube is used to a limited extent, a common freon and ammonia.
- Copper and its alloys are not used with ammonia.
- Sheet steel chimney, air conditioning components and outdoor equipment is made of galvanized steel.